Winter Pep Rally 2023

W. Biafore

Pep Rally

Was there excitement from the students? What were the games like? What teams were introduced? What were the different themes for decoration? Sophomores Rain Mello and Rebecca Farias tell all.

As the first semester of the 2022-23 school year comes to a close, Toll Gate High School is ringing in the new semester with a winter pep rally. After last year’s outdoor pep rallies, we are thrilled to be indoors once again. This year’s pep rally, held on Jan. 13, 2023, assigned all classes different themes for their decorations. The freshmen were given the color white, coining the phrase “Freshmen, beware the blizzard”. The sophomore class was assigned the color red and took an opposition to the freshman theme using fire and the phrase “fire it up”. Juniors were given blue, and quoted the phrase, “Of all the fish in the sea, class of 2024 is the way to be.” They accompanied this with an under the sea theme. Finally, the seniors were  given the color black and took on the theme of black tie. 

The Pep Rally opened with Toll Gate’s Jazz Band performing the National Anthem. Following this, students welcomed this year’s winter sports teams, Toll Gate’s very own, cheerleading, girls swim, wrestling, track, boys and girls basketball teams as well as the boys and girls Warwick hockey teams. Toll Gate also showed their support for our brand new Robotics team. 

After Toll Gate’s sports teams were welcomed, the games began. This pep rally consisted of three different games:   a hula hoop chain game between the freshmen and sophomores with a  freshmen victory; a game of bean bag tic-tac-toe between the juniors and seniors, won by the seniors; and finally the tiebreaker, game of panty hose bowling between the freshmen and the seniors, which crowned seniors the champions of the games! 

As for excitement we saw a vast range from the freshmen who were very excited.  However, for the sophomores, there was a lingering sense of apathy, some were excited and some seemed to be bored out of their minds. The juniors were very excited and were working hard to beat the seniors in the games as well as in their excitement. However the seniors take the cake for excitement. This is their last year and they really made it count. 

It goes without saying this would not have been possible without the incredibly talented and dedicated class advisors, Senior Class Advisor Mrs. L-B, (Laplante-Beauchemin), Junior Class Advisor Ms. Catanzaro, Sophomore Class Advisor Mrs. Collins, and Freshman Class Advisor Mrs. Washington. Thank you for putting together a wonderful pep rally. We can’t wait to have another one soon!